Oh Happy Day!! Apple just added green screen support to the mobile versions of iMovie
which is great news for anyone frustrated on their Apple mobile devices that they couldn't use green screen without a third-party app like Do Ink or Vectorscope now you can do it all in iMovie I'm going to show you how to doit on my iPhone and I’m going to do it in under three minutes!
The update also has 80 new soundtracks and a bunch of other features and changes as listed in the patch notes:
- Add photos as overlays to create picture-in-picture and split-screen effects.
- Choose to hide the border that surrounds picture-in-picture and split-screen effects.
- Instantly return to the edit screen of your project when switching back to iMovie from other applications.
- ClassKit support lets students deliver video assignments to teachers using the Schoolwork app.
- For users with videos in iMovie Theater, the Theater window is now accessible from the ••• menu at the bottom of the Projects screen.
- Sharing to iMovie Theater is no longer supported; save your movies and trailers to iCloud Photos to watch them on other devices including Apple TV.
- Resolves an issue that could lead to a black viewer when previewing your video fullscreen on an external display.