NECC for the ADD & Lights, Camera, Learn workshop this week!

The National Education Computing Conference (NECC) came and went so fast this year I barely had time to blog about it. It was a quick trip to our nation's capitol for me, but I had time to see many friends here on the EdTech frontier. I got to see Carol Anne McGuire's Rock our World presentation and my FlatClassrom collegues Julie Lindsay and Vicki Davis. It's wonderful how they're building ties between classrooms around the world!

I got to meet my virtual colleagues at Wilkes University in person, including the Discovery DEN gang. Speaking of Discovery, I caught Hall Davidson's 10 Things to do with Video presentation with Joe Brennan. Hall is a great presenter and is most generous with his handouts and resources.

This was the first NECC in five years without an official AFI presence, and since ISTE saw fit to feature it on the conference streaming site this year, I'm proud to present the AFI ScreenEd session I lead at NECC '08 in San Antonio.

There was too much to see and not enough time to do it all, especially with all of America's history and treasure just steps away on the National Mall. My week in Washington was a blur but a blast!

***Workshop ALERT***
There are still some seats available for my Lights, Camera, Learn! Workshop this Friday at the Los Angeles County Office of Education in Downey. If you have some video projects planned this fall or just want to shoot better vacation video this summer, Come on Down!

In this hands-on workshop, teachers and administrators of all grade levels and subjects will learn how to use filmmaking as a tool to engage student learning. This is a classic 'Door Scene' Workshop, and is appropriate for all levels of learners.

You will learn:
• The difference between a shots and scenes
• Organize and improve filmmaking with Storyboards
• Experience hands-on how to use video cameras

$35
http://ito.lacoe.edu/workshops/registrant_create.pl?workshop=88

Comments

Mrs. Flores said…
I just finished taking your class. Thank you for a great and informative class. I will be using all the knowledge I gained and implement them into my classroom. Thanks again!My only complaint is that I really do wish it was a 2 day training.

Popular posts from this blog

iPod Nano video camera in professional development...who knew?

My First Class

A Thousand Words - Storytelling and Editing